Thomasville (GA) First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. This position leads weekly youth programming throughout the year that includes fellowship, discipleship, and mission opportunities and should also include extensive summer programming. This person builds relationships with students in a way that models Christian discipleship and wisely uses the resources of the church, including volunteers, other staff members, and funding. The focus is to create opportunities for our youth to encounter Christ in a real way.
Ministry staff members must live out high standards in areas of personal relationships, commitment to Christ, and responsible Christian living in the church and community and must view their positions as a calling from God.
- Passionately follows Christ and feels a calling to serve in student ministry.
- Embraces United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Creates a balanced student ministry that includes worship, discipleship, mission, outreach, and fellowship.
- Be readily available to youth (attendance at extra-curricular events, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Effectively partners with youth, parents, other staff, volunteers, and small group leaders.
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree.
Salary is negotiable, and benefits are included.
TFUMC, a 1500-member church, is community-centered and outreach-oriented. It is located in a vibrant 40,000-person community in southern Georgia. Thomasville is 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and less than two hours from Gulf coast beaches.
ATTN: Floyd White
P.O. Box 975
Thomasville, GA, 31799