The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to work with the Senior Pastor, staff, and ministry lay leader(s) in providing leadership, building Christian Relationships, planning, developing, implementing and managing a dynamic ministry to children 2 years old through 6th grade
Ministry staff members must live out high standards in areas of personal relationships, commitment to Christ, and responsible Christian living in the church and community and must view their positions as a calling from God.
Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Attends weekly Staff meetings.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, staff and ministry lay leader(s), plans and executes ministry which brings glory to God, is theologically sound, and ministers to children and their parents.
- Consult with the Senior Pastor, staff and ministry lay leader(s) in selecting, recruiting, training, supervising and encouraging volunteers for Children’s ministry. The goal should be to develop leaders.
- Provides and distributes literature and supplies to Lay Leaders and other adult volunteers for Children’s Church, Sunday School, and Wednesday and Sunday night activities.
- In consultation with the Director of Worship Arts, and ministry lay leader(s), contributes to a music program that involves children.
- Plans, prepares, and participates in a summer Vacation Bible School.
- Ensures our children’s ministry adheres to Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Oversees and assures maintenance and care of all materials, supplies, and equipment for this area of ministry.
- Evaluates and suggests equipment changes or needs for this area of ministry.
- Supports other church staff with projects and serves as a resource to others.
- Proposes the annual budget to the Finance Committee for this area of ministry by detailing expected monetary requirements for the upcoming year.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in Early Childhood and/or Christian Education
- Minimum of 3 years Christian Education or equivalent.
- Embraces United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Outgoing and able to quickly build relationships.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates ability to relate positively with others.
Salary is negotiable, and benefits are included (if full-time).
TFUMC, a 1500-member church, is community-centered and outreach-oriented. It is located in a vibrant 40,000-person community in southern Georgia. Thomasville is 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and less than two hours from Gulf coast beaches.
ATTN: Search Committee
P.O. Box 975
Thomasville, GA, 31799